life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Your Grits!

I made your Sunday morning grits. A tradition that began 10 years or so ago for no good reason, but you made grits just about every Sunday unless you had a very early golf T-time. It was never a smooth procedure, you would shout from the kitchen, which bowl, how much water, where are the grits, how many scoops and the questions would go on and on and on. Every time I would answer and wonder if it would not be easier if I just got in there and did it myself. Each time when they were done you would proudly spoon them out into our bowls and claim that you, hands down, make the best grits ever. This morning I heard you in my ear as I followed the same instructions that I gave to you a hundred times before and you are right my love…you did make the best grits ever!
"Sunday Will Never be the Same" Spanky and Our Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment