life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, October 6, 2019

I know how hokey it sounds, but it really is one day at a time


Skip had been a “card-carrying cat hater”.Swearing for the first 10 years of our marriage that we would never ever ever have a cat and then this stray slipped into our lives and converted him.  Not only was Skip converted, but he was known as the “cat whisperer” in our family.

Sometimes it breaks my heart when I see “Not My Cat” still look for him.  He goes in his room and cries for him and most recently seems to have taken some comfort in sleeping in Skip’s porch chair.  We are coping the best we can without him, maybe not what other people recognize or understand.  We are just doing what we need to do to get through, one day at a time.

"Everyday"  Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment