life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, October 25, 2019

And another piece of you left....

Yesterday they came to pick up Skip’s truck to sell. I wondered when it would happen but really did not mind having it here.  As crazy as you may think it sounds there were small seconds of happy comfort seeing it parked in the driveway.  For a second maybe 2 my mind instantly told me “ah, he is home” before the reality would quickly rush in and bite me again.  But yesterday his truck pulled out of the driveway for the last time and I waved goodbye just like we had done for the past 40 years and another big part of you left, and I cried and cried and cried.  Sometimes I feel like you are still leaving me bit by bit and I am responsible.  All I want more than anything in this world… is to have you back..to have us back.


"Here, There and Everywhere"  Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment