life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

It's not the BIG things...


My first holiday season without him has not even started yet and I am already overwhelmed!  Although there were many years of huge family celebrations recent years have been spent reveling in the quiet, the memories and each other.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas had become more about looking back with gratitude and sometimes amazement that we even survived the 2 boys (now grown with their own families). There were lots of stories both funny and harrowing!  We had done our share of “Norman Rockwell” holidays, some worked for us, others did not. We had spent years redefining how we celebrated the holidays and it was good.  As Halloween approaches, I gave the yard decorations to my son and will be going over there to see our granddaughter trick or treat.  Part of me is looking forward to it….the other part is already mourning that we will not be passing out our own treats and giggling together at how excited the little ones are to get candy and their costumes.  It is not the big things I miss so much…it is the little ones.

"Fear" Jazmine Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment