life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Something extra special....


In addition to just loving the hell out of being at the beach there is something extra special about the place we stay, other than the marvelous Peggy who runs the place! There is everything you could need within walking distance.  And I do not mean the typical beach town “touristy” crap.  Just very small Mom & Pop independently owned small shops and restaurants.  I have not noticed one chain store within a mile of us either way.  It is magnificent! The local 7-11-“ish” is not air conditioned, carries only the essentials that means 50% is dedicated to beer and wine, is less than ½ block away (no-gas) and is no bigger than an 8’ x 10’ bedroom. The owner and whoever is there hangs out just outside the door in beach chairs chatting about what was caught down at the pier yesterday or whatever else comes up as long as it is not politics!  Next door is “Beach Belly Bob’s” a breakfast/lunch kitchen, not enough room for tables and chairs inside, unless you want to sit in one of the 3 stools at the counter, otherwise  you sit outdoors under his tarp that he added this past year.  And yes...the only employee is indeed Beach Belly Bob himself, the name is appropriate. And then there is the “fancy” restaurant, that means there is a full bar and menus! You can sit inside in the AC…but my question is why the hell you would?  Everything tastes better outside on the beach with a beer!  The characters and the “flavors” here are spectacular!
"Good Vibrations"  The Beach Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment