life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, July 29, 2016

"Done is Better than Good" ~Elizabeth Gilbert

OK-OK…painting umbrellas may not be a good career move for me!  But maybe it will make some money at the umbrella auction. At the risk of trying hard not to get too complicated on a surface that is neither flat or stable…I may have gone a little too simple…it gave all of the negative monsters in my head an  easy opening and they ran in to make their appearances! 
Monster #1- REALLY????
Monster #2- A kid could have done that!
Monster #3-  You did something so simple and still there are mistakes!
Monster #4- And you are the teacher, leader?  
Monster #5 #6 #7 #8….oh believe me….they were running in!!
And then, out of self perservation I reach back to Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Big Magic” take in a deep breath and repeat after her “Done is better than good”…. just do it and it is done!
"What's New Pussy Cat/"  Tom Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment