life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Emotional life saver....

4 trash cans
32 feet of PVC pipe
80 pounds of Plaster of Paris
Cut, lifted, tugged and been up to my elbows in plaster of paris , making ugly things that make no sense….until my creative friends begin adding their umbrellas.  Then….oh boy….. then it will all be worth it! These will come alive with color, creativity and purpose!

Yesterday I pushed harder, stood longer and lifted much more that I should have, and although physically pooped I am emotionally more alive than I can explain.  And then I realized…it is the act of creating!  It does not matter what I am creating as long as it makes me think, is new, different and challenging that is what jump starts my heart….every time!

While smiling and chipping hardened chunks of plaster of paris off of me…… I knew all of this worrying about my “style” of art drifting into new areas of exploration and abstraction will not be  “art sales suicide”,  it will be my “emotional life saver”!
"There She Goes"  OrtoPilot

No comments:

Post a Comment