life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Not allowing old expectations....

I am learning that all “calls” or experiences that fall into my lap are worth my attention.  I think it is the choices I make that define who I am.  I do not think all “calls” should be accepted and brought into my life, but they all should be explored and considered!

When I rely on my own or other people’s knowledge and experience I may be inadvertently rejecting spectacular life experiences.  There have been several times in my life I have moved outside the expected norm. (Keep in mind that my norm is already a little left of center already!)  Each time I welcomed an unexpected situation good or bad into my life and released my expectations I have grown! My lesson is not to allow my old expectations to keep me from any new experience that excites my spirit.

"The Skye Boat Song" Kathryn Jones_Raya Yarbrough

"Sing me a song of a lass that is gone   Say, could that lass be I?
Merry of soul she sailed on a day   Over the sea to Skye
Mull was astern, Rùm on the port, Eigg on the starboard bow
Glory of youth glowed in her soul Where is that glory now?
Give me again all that was there   Give me the sun that shone
Give me the eyes, give me the soul    Give me the lass that's gone
Sing me a song of a lass that is gone   Say, could that lass be I?
Merry of soul she sailed on a day  Over the sea to Skye
Billow and breeze, islands and seas    Mountains of rain and sun
All that was good, all that was fair   All that was me is gone."

Bear McCreary

No comments:

Post a Comment