life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, December 16, 2019

Guilt and Gratitude


He left me a gift…well, kind of…Skip was a bit of a collector of things and that included the cash he got over the years as Christmas bonuses, I have no idea how many years.  It was not a secret but it was his to do with as he wished.  When he died, I was able to use his stash to pay the attorney bills, (which was definitely not in the typical monthly budget and just before his death he bought a new skeet shotgun, big generator and portable AC for storm season for the house.  So, the “stash” had been depleted but not wasted on the trivial.  

Hospice provides me with a large Oxygen concentrator I am guessing around 50 pounds (when pushing it, it feels like more) and on 4 small wheels.  Skip would move the big beast back and forth from bedroom to living room for me each day. But that is now my job, and it was getting harder by the day, especially when having to roll it over Mexican tile and carpet.  

I feel rather guilty… I should have spent the rest of his stash buying Christmas gifts for the grandchildren but… (and you knew the "but" was coming) I found a second-hand portable O2 concentrator and I bought it for myself, with the rest of his stash, telling myself that it is my Christmas/Anniversary gift from him.  It has already made a big difference in my life. It has larger wheels, a luggage type handle but only 10 pounds. It runs on batteries (6 hrs) regular plugin and car charger.  I am no longer limited to the 2hr tanks when I go out.  I am feeling guilty and grateful at the same time…but he could not have gotten me a better gift, this will make such a difference in my life!  Thank you, my love!
"Thank You"  Dido

No comments:

Post a Comment