life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Comfortable & what I know....


As much as I want things to stay the same, comfortable, and what I know, they change and I have no choice but to move along with them.  Changes used to be discussed, not always before they were made. Most changes were a deliberate act.  Since August an ongoing series of changes keep rolling over me. Some require my input others are going to move on with or without my acceptance.  Some are huge legal (well huge for me) others are as silly as how do I shop for groceries for 1 person.  But what I can tell you is that every decision brings a certain amount of angst because, in the end, I have no one to celebrate the successes or share my mistakes.  That is kind of what I am thinking as I unpack the Amazon blow-up Christmas outdoor snowman to replace the 9 ft penguin that just crapped out.  And I wonder do I really need a giant blow-up snowman?  This time, "the same, the comfortable and what I know" overrules anything reasonable. And one big blow-up tacky, obnoxious, ridiculous and happy Christmas decoration is how it has always been for over 20 years and I just cannot change that, not yet.

"The Same Mistakes"  James Blunt







He is up!
There are no ice sickle lights along the roof because that is way outside my skill set at this point, but I do have just plain white lights on the rock border. So this year the snow is already on the ground rather than falling off of the roof. My grandsons were great at doing that! I cannot wait to see it when it gets dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment