life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It is worth it....

I think one of the biggest misconceptions that seems to be glorified on TV and in movies….is that when our world is turned upside down, that the rest of the world or at the very least our friends and family will stop and focus on our needs! 
That is not how it works in the real world, and what is more, it is not fair for us to expect that!
Their life is theirs.  They are not being selfish, inattentive, or selfish.  They are living their lives ….as they should the best way that they can.
My challenge, my lesson and the lesson for those of us with terminal illness, especially those of us with chronic, long term illness is we need to continue living our lives with unconditional love for ourselves and strength for  them.....when they are with us and when they are not.  It is not easy,
but, oh my... it is deliciously worth it.
 
"For What it's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment