life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Collecting but not quitting!

So this is it…..officially and legally retired next month.  First of all I really need to thank Marshall, the most amazing accountant in the world.  Who even through all of my bitching and belly-aching insisted on and taught me how and why I needed to pay all of those taxes.  His mantra was always, “you make money you pay taxes”.  Do not hide or not report income to get out of paying taxes, but he was clear about taking every single deductible and credit that was legally available.  Marshall taught me well, and I do appreciate it so!  This week I filed for me SS retirement benefits and was approved for my benefits to begin in June.  Not a horribly big amount of money…but something that will add to my quality of life.  Although I will be receiving my benefits I am taking the Bette Davis stance on retirement!


"Thank YoU"  Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment