life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I do not give my permission!

And here is part of the problem…there are a whole lot people out there that want you to think you have more or less control over your life and what other people think than you really do!  All you have to do is watch the commercials on TV…..(I know….I know what a scary thought!)  Consume this “yogurt”, “chicken”, “medicine” or “______” (fill in the blank} and you will be happy and healthy.  Drive this car and you will be noticed and popular.  Watch this TV program if you want to be informed and smart….do not under any circumstances form your own opinion!  It goes on and on and on.  There are incredibly wealthy people and businesses whose chief concern is to separate me from my time or money or both by making me think that their services and/or products are going to give me control over my own thoughts and what other people think   The reality is the only thing I have control over and will ever have control over, is how I feel.  Even under the most horrendous conditions, I still have control over how I feel.  All of the money in the world cannot buy another’s respect and/or admiration.   No one can give that to me, No one can take that from me ……unless I give them permission.
"Make it Mine"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment