life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Whose rules?

No one ever talks about rules, except when I have broken them.  When I broke rules, as I child I was spanked, as a teenager I was restricted and as an adult deprived (money or attention), at no time did anyone ever say there will be times that breaking rules is a good thing.  In addition, there are so many ridiculous rule makers, whose rules take precedence? God’s Rules, government rules, business rules, art rules and unwritten family rules, which ones are the most important, which ones have the least consequence when broken.  And of all of the rules which ones have consequences, and if they do claim consequences are they enforced?

The question is…which ones can I break and benefit from?  Who will it hurt, what if it hurts no one?  Are rules more about protecting others, or keeping me in line with normal? I always gravitate towards those that have broken the rules and become great in spite of the rules….but which rules can I break? Is 62 too late to be breaking rules?
"Born to be Wild" Steppenwolf

No comments:

Post a Comment