life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, May 9, 2016

"ordinary" is an insult

I used to be so angry with my parents, teachers, rules, employers, society and any other entity that extolled the virtues of “fitting in” or “doing what everyone else was doing”.  Just being “good enough” was a full time program for me.  Appearing ordinary took all of the strength I had.  I was chronically reminded that I had never attained really attained ordinary,  I certainly was not good enough to even consider exquisite.   I do not want to be angry anymore……

"Angry Anymore"  Ani DiFranco

No comments:

Post a Comment