life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I am Wearing Combat Boots!

Really... the next time you get a combative political meme posted on your page…put your big girl panties on and track it to the person that posted it.  I will bet you… their page is full of pictures of happy people, birthday parties, recipes, and family vacations but  NOT one political meme…Nope,
they save those for us! You will rarely find the first hint of political involvement.  I suspect it is because they do not want to take the chance of appearing anything less than perfect on their own home page, it is that “Leave it to Beaver” Eddie Haskell thing.  But, on my personal page…no problem…they have appointed themselves the political authority and their job is to tell me in front of all of my friends, I am ignorant and wrong.  You will note, these trolls appear out of nowhere, perhaps a friend of a friend of a friend or an old schoolmate never heard from “accepted” friend but they will never ever post on your page any message of family news, recipes, encouragement, congratulations or personal support.  The only posts you will receive from them are rude and crude with the determined mission of shocking and intimidating my own readers, and making themselves feel better by trying to make the rest of us feel embarrassed and wrong.

Having your own opinion is one thing, and I respect that, even if, and sometimes especially because, it is different than my own.  However, regurgitating and reposting someone else’s opinion on my page because you are too lazy to have one of your own or lack the commitment to post or defend your own ideas is nothing short of mob mentality bullying.  If your opinion is important enough to write on my page, then why is it not posted on their own page? 

I am pulling out my combat boots, and giving notice I will no longer tolerate any politically belligerent person reposting a Facebook meme that has not been fact-checked or telling me what someone else did in the past (Bill, Hillary, Obama). If you will not research and defend your political beliefs on this medium then do not bother trying to influence mine!
"No" Meghan Trainor

No comments:

Post a Comment