life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Maybe not shake…how about just a little shudder?

The moment any of us are diagnosed with a long term terminal illness, palliative “living” care should begin…and that is exactly what we should call it, although it needs to be geared towards the early “diers”. (Which by the way....we are all early "diers") Palliative care should not be just a last minute effort that does little more than  organize living wills and prescribe pain meds.  I need guidance to accomplish my best most full life, before the disease is over powering and I have no option but to sit down and rest.  I do not want to “conserve” energy I want to wisely use every single bit of it up.  Give me the resources to be comfortable and as active as possible, do NOT keep telling me to sit down and rest.  Sit down and rest…for what? 


"And Your Bird Can Sing" The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment