life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Just like Chuck Norris...

Our kitty “Slick” died a little more than a month ago.  I was broken hearted and swore, no more.  No more wrapping my heart around another kitty, it just hurts too much when they die!  But then....

I remember my Mother telling me the story about her neighbor’s cat that would march into her house for some solicited petting and a full scale home investigation each time Mother's door was left ajar. That kitty’s name was “Chuck Norris” (I have no idea why, but there must be a story there).  It was so unusual and I had never heard of a cat doing anything like that...until...last week while I was unloading groceries, which with a 10 pound lifting limit, takes many more trips to and from the van, when this kitty darted into the front door and began rubbing and wrapping herself around my ankles. Four days ago, she figured out there is a “cat door” on the back porch and has begun visiting regularly, taking naps on our beds and in general presenting herself as "our" kitty.  I have to admit, unlike my other kitty's she is so sweet and lovey!  We suspect she may be a neutered feral, she has the notched ear and other evidence that would suggest that, but she is totally comfortable around people, in fact she seems to seek us out, not  typical feral cat behavior!

Perhaps the universe has sent me a new “studio kitty”

   
                "What's New Pussycat"  Tom Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment