life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Is There A rehab Clinic for This?

WARNING!!!!

Whining ahead...

It is Saturday morning and I have nothing spectacular or new to write about, but writing I have promised myself so writing it is...I guess one of the things most people do not understand is how heart failure works.  I surely did not and I have it!  The doctors are vague (which is shorthand for they don’t either) The overall description I got is after a while the body’s organs and muscles are starved of blood flow and begin to break down.  Apparently, there is no specific order that defines which will fail first or worst.  And there is another interesting phenomenon, the heart slows the organs react and often times the body “recalibrates” and learns how to do with less.  That often stops the original aches and pains but leaves me even more tired as my body directs its energy toward simple functioning, anything extra becomes increasingly exhausting.  The most difficult and painful management lately is called ischemic bowel syndrome.  In laymen's terms, my intestinal tract both upper and lower are no longer functioning like they should.  It has taken months and pain meds to manage this one.  Most people worry about getting addicted to pain meds....I am certain I am now addicted to fiber and laxatives just to stay pain-free.  I do not think there is a rehab clinic for this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment