life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, September 17, 2021

I promised...


 I promised myself to keep writing, and I know this is probably dumb and boring but I need to step back into it.  Perhaps dumb and boring is the beginning.  

Part of this journey is my iron will to stay in my home and die here in my own home.  I know that must sound so morbid to most people, but this is my safe comfortable place.  It is really important to me.  That has meant some minor changes to the house.  Which I have learned the hard way was build way before there was an ADA compliance code for residences!  Occupational therapy people came in, showed me what need to be changed, and taught me tricks of how to take care of myself.  Physical therapy came in to teach me how to maintain (as long as possible) my balance and ability to move around safely, without falling down.  Who would have thought someone would need to teach me that!! 


One of the big changes was the glass shower doors that Skip installed me ages ago need to come out, they presented the most dangerous possibility of me really getting hurt.  So here is the new shower curtain that I sewed on and potty modification.  Not excited about either, but secure in the help and safety they both provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment