life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Jelly beans? Of course I can!


Another first is coming, and I cringe…He loved jelly beans…Easter may have been his favorite holiday just for the jelly beans.  He had an unbelievable sweet tooth. Jelly beans, chocolate, and jolly ranchers were his “go to” every weekend at the Walgreens and/or Dollar Store around the corner.   It used to make me crazy, I would just look at those things and gain weight.  He ate them like an addict and never gained an ounce!  I still have some of his last Hershey’s chocolate bar in the refrigerator. I know…I know..the day will come…but not today…and today is about jelly beans.
I know friends and family are watching to see if I am recovering.  I am accepting that I never will, but also learning that it is ok. 

I remember our stories – his story, every day. It’s not just a story. It still matters. It still hurts. It is still love.

The truth is, being happy, recovering, living now does not negate the pain of his death. They don’t cancel each other out. I carry both of them. Those two realities share the same space, side by side. They most likely always will.

Last week, I went to the dollar store, and there were jelly beans everywhere! I could not help myself and of course, I bought jelly beans for Skip…and here they sit on the kitchen counter.  This morning Jill (my awesome DIL) texted and asked if I could bring jelly beans for Easter.  Of course I can!

"Don't Give Up"  Peter Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment