life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

“friggin” phenomenal odds

Instead of hiding and trying to prove to everyone that I am fine, there is nothing wrong and I can keep up with the best of them…instead I hide, cover, minimize.  I wonder why I just cannot celebrate that I am in deed “one tough chick” that I have survived and continue to survive against some pretty “friggin” phenomenal odds.  Why can’t I just stand up and be proud of this and everything else I have accomplished through out my life?
"Evolve"  Ani DiFranco

AND....Later this same day (from my FB Post)
Here is a little bit of very weird synchronicity! This morning’s blog was about being “one tough chic”. Having finished my writing, I rewarded myself with a second cup of coffee and a quiet moment on the back porch. My home is in the city, but I have a nice little assortment of wildlife to watch from my porch. Squirrels, wild birds, a pair of garden snakes, monarch butterflies and recently a pair of red hawks have made a nest in a neighbor’s tree. But this morning….this particular morning….there was a chicken! REALLY a chicken! I am guessing it must be “one tough chic”!

No comments:

Post a Comment