life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Thursday, August 6, 2020

His death anniversary came and went......


His death anniversary came and went.  It was hard, but made a little easier with some medications.  It was a day of overwhelming grief and a day of equal and opposite memories and joy.  Most of the day spent alone in our space and part of the day spent with family.  It seemed only right and part of closing the circle the other people that were thrown into that horrible day (Darren & Jill) had a chance to spend some of that day together again.  The most profound thing that happened was the young man at work that Skip had developed more than a coworker relationship but a true mutual admiration, the young man that was with Skip as he died.  I have always been so grateful that Skip was not alone but with someone he knew and cared deeply about. This young man called yesterday to check on me, which was so sweet and kind, he confessed that he had a difficult time of dealing with the fact that he thought he should have been able to do something.  I had totally forgotten what a trauma that must have been for him, too.  I am so glad he could share that grief and healing that I had no idea had such an impact on him with me.  I did help continue the healing. And then….this beautiful bouquet of flowers arrived from my sisters.  It is a new day and a new year.
Auld Lang Syne.....

No comments:

Post a Comment