life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Monday, January 23, 2017

What?..... They don't?..... How the HELL did that happen?

When I was young my parents used the term half-truths to describe how I wheedled my way out of punishable offenses.  I suspect it may be in the DNA because both of my own sons were also experts at half-truths.  I would have bet my left elbow that one, if not both would grow up to be litigating attorneys. And for the record…half-truths, then (by my parents & I)  and now (as I watch my own sons parent), carry the same punishable results as lies.
  
Thank goodness, the term “alternate facts” had not yet made an appearance!  In the past, most of us listened to the different opinions, beliefs and views of others and had enlightening although often times contentious discussions.  When it was done and over we still respected one another.  We shared/argued points of views without condemning each other personally or feeling like it was our duty to change their minds and have them agree with us. 
  
The unfortunate typical childish technique now being used by so many adults, including our top political officials of  evading uncomfortable questions with irrelevant accusations and presenting “alternate facts” (AKA half-truths) is baffling.  However, the new twist of condemning the inquirer (and those associated) as unfairly attacking, aggressive, dishonest, and morally corrupt…. makes me crazy and…..I need no help with that and thank goodness my sons are grown!
"Be Honest"  Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment