life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

She Did it Anyway


I have been thought of, and sometimes called (to my face)
reckless, 
unmanageable, 
spirited, 
irresponsible, 
careless, 
strong 
and uncontrollable. 
I probably deserve these adjectives and others. 
I do not think they mean to hurt me, maybe they want to 
preserve me, 
slow me down, 
protect me, 
keep me, 
shelter me,
but every time I hear one of those words,
I am weakened.
I have a voice,
I am going to do it anyway, 
because I am incredibly alive, I am brave and
I have so much more to do!


"Strip Me"  Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment