life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Friday, May 3, 2019

I am sure it knows what to do!

This is just what I needed to read!  All of the fear, all of the bad memories, the guilt, the anger, and the pain are (for the most part) only in my mind.  However, this does not mean that those memories are not capable of initiating the very same unbearable damaging negative feelings that they conjured up originally…

I want desperately to let go of the memories, that still “cut through me like shards of glass” and keep me from enjoying life now.  That old pain, guilt, and anger can be even more damaging.  I am smarter and wiser now, I know what went wrong, I learned the lesson.  But that is the rational brain. The emotional brain works differently. Regardless of the intelligent rationalizations, the destructive emotions are as real and damaging today as they were originally.  Because I think I am "bigger than the memories, I do not expect them to have residual emotional power....but boy they do!
Perhaps it is time to just acknowledge them, allow myself to feel the emotion, to let it wash over me, and then remind myself it is not real anymore. Convincing my mind to let my heart take over…. even though it is broken, I am sure it knows what to do!
"Faith of the Heart"  Rod Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment