life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

and.... I am August! WHAT ?

Several months ago I entered a contest to have one of my images in a calendar.  Never heard anything back, not even a rejection letter…I am used to those!  So life moved on and I forgot about it.  But the day before yesterday I got an Email reminder about when and where to deliver my art for the Calendar Art Reception.  When I returned the email, thinking perhaps a mistake had been made, my inquiry was returned with a copy of the acceptance email sent last month that I had never received…maybe during the hurricane power and internet outage.  I deliver this morning and the opening is this Friday, where I will sign copies of my image along with 11 other artists.   The image was accepted and has already been printed as the August calendar image.   Oh by the way…I win 5 free copies of the calendar, but the future sales are for a good community cause. There was something maybe.... prophetic or just cathartic about associating my art, my life to the future...even if it is only a calendar.
"Wonderful Unknown"  Ingrid Michaelson

No comments:

Post a Comment